Mail Message into Calendar???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dubhe, Sep 10, 2012.

1. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I thought this was a simple request, but I can not find a way to do it:

I often receive emails that I want to effectively read again at some point in the future, maybe next week, maybe next year. For example I had an email today which requires me to get back to them in the New Year. How can I place an email into Calendar, so when I get to that date, I can be reminded to read the message again, and reply?

Can I add an alert to a flag if nothing else?

Thanks

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Many people deal with this by creating a "follow up" folder.

The Thunderbird mail application, along with the Lightning calendar extension, can create an event or task from an email. Right-click on a message and the option to convert to an event or task is in the menu. You just set the event or task for the day you want to be reminded, the event or task is named the message's subject, and the body of the email goes into the notes area. However, to find the original email message you'd have to search mail.

Mail doesn't have anything like this built-in. There's an Applescript called Mail2iCal but I don't know about current compatibility.

3. dubhe thread starter macrumors 65816

dubhe

Thanks, at least I can now stop looking! Might try the follow up folder idea in the meanwhile.