Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

lostngone

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Does anyone know a good utility to migrate locally stored Windows Live Mail messages(Win 7) to Apple mail?

I have found a few tutorial online that recommend going to some pretty shady looking websites that somehow migrate the messages however I would not trust them even if it was free.

A free utility would be better but I do not mind paying for a app if it works well.

Has anyone used Emailchemy?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Gmail. Just set up a Gmail account if you don't already have one, and add it to the email program in Windows 7. Move the messages from the local mailboxes to IMAP mailboxes created on the Gmail account, then just setup the account in Mail on your Mac and move them wherever you like.

jW

Comment

lostngone

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Gmail. Just set up a Gmail account if you don't already have one, and add it to the email program in Windows 7. Move the messages from the local mailboxes to IMAP mailboxes created on the Gmail account, then just setup the account in Mail on your Mac and move them wherever you like.

jW

Thank you for your response.

I was hoping to avoid doing that because of the amount of mail. However I think it might come to that is no other options are available

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.