Mail Moving Not Junk Mail to Junk Folder

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Aragornii, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Aragornii macrumors 6502

The Mail app moves some of my email to the Junk folder even though it doesn't mark the messages as Junk. In this case I'd like it to stop moving mail from this particular sender to my Junk folder, but I can't make it stop.

I tried changing the advanced settings of my junk mail filter but it didn't help, perhaps because Mail isn't tagging the message as junk in the first place.

Any ideas?

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Any Rules set up in the Preferences for Mail?

3. Aragornii thread starter macrumors 6502

One or two dealing with mail that comes in from my other email address. Nothing that would touch the particular mail that is going to my junk folder.

What's happening is all mail that comes from my kid's sports team sharing site on Shutterfly.com automatically goes to my junk folder even though mail.app doesn't mark it as junk mail. As far as I can tell there isn't any rule or junk mail preferences causing it to do so, and it's unfortunate because since it's going to the junk folder I'm not notified when I receive an email from that site.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Maybe your ISP/e-mail provider is filtering on their end?

For example, my Gmail account's spam is stored on Google servers, shows up in Mail in Junk, and does not have the "Mark as not Junk" menu option(s), since Mail didn't do the filtering.

5. Aragornii thread starter macrumors 6502

That did it. I went into my gmail account and whitelisted all mail coming from the share site, and now they go straight to my inbox.

Thanks very much, now I know that if mail is in my Junk folder and not marked junk, it's because gmail has flagged it.