MAIL not downloading-

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cheeryble, Aug 18, 2011.

1. cheeryble, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

cheeryble macrumors regular

Hi

Just noticed that when I open Mail it doesn't have the winding up icon thing at the bottom left. It just says "updated 17 08 2011 03.16" and the latest mail arrival is "yesterday". It's not doing it's thing!
    I immediately checked my browser to see if I was online....it is OK, and indeed I am posting here through it.

I notice that when I go to itunes, anything I click comes up with "your request cannot be completed". Have no idea if that's related.
    Any ideas?

2. cheeryble thread starter macrumors regular

......indeed when i go to say Sent and it says 'Connecting' it just goes on trying with no result.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Since you don't have a problem with your Internet connection try going into mail and resetting your email account and your password.

4. shevans, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

shevans macrumors member

I'm in the UK, having problem sending & receiving .me & .mac mail this evening. Internet here is fine, just Apple Mail...

5. cheeryble thread starter macrumors regular

Thankyou Ashwood
    but I'm not sure what constitutes "resetting"
    i went to settings and the information was all in the boxes completely unchanged. I clicked DONE or whatever it was.
    Next day MAIL still doesn't work.

Cheeryble

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

What I would do is erase the information in the boxes so they are blank, then double click the home button and close all apps on the multi-tasking bar and then shut off your iPad. When you restart the memory will be clear. Go back to the email settings and reenter your mail settings into the empty boxes.

7. cheeryble thread starter macrumors regular

Thankouy Ashwood
    In fact yesterday I went to the Mac shop here in Chiangmai.
    He went to GENERAL. And Reset all settings.
    It worked, though I,ve been having to enter my passwords and wifi codes anew
    cheers Cheeryble

8. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816