mail not receiving all messages and not sending any messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jimbob61, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jimbob61 macrumors newbie

I am running mac os X version 10.5.8 and I find that mail will download not all my mail and will not send from any of my mailboxes.
    I have set up mail with my googlemail account my mobileme account and my yahoo accounts. all are set up as stp and I have set them up according to all the online help lines. I have had mail set up for many months now, and have been trying to fix this problem for a long time now off and on.
    One thing that I have tried is changing the outgoing port number from the default to 587, but still no joy.
    Hope that someone can help.:confused:
    rgsd
    jimbob61

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Is there any reason that you are still running this obsolete OS? Many applications will not run on anything less than MacOS X 10.3.9. Run Software Update. Repeat until there are no new updates to install.

3. advres Guest

advres

Many people in many industries get a stable system that does something properly and don't feel the need to upgrade and **** things up. I know people who still have an OS9.2 boot setup which is ~10 years old. I know people still rocking 10.4 on their edit systems. Just because something is new and new hardware doesn't accept the old, doesn't make his machine unable to work correctly. And actually, by running software update, he could inadvertently break something that was working because it was updated to something that is not supported on the old OS. It was probably one of the worst pieces of "advice" I have seen here.