Mail not Receiving Messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Old Muley, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Old Muley, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I'm hoping someone here can help me out with this situation. So far I've had no luck figuring it out.

Basically what's happening is I am receiving no email from the company that hosts my website. Stuff from everywhere else seems to come in OK, but not from them. I discovered this when I went to reset my password with them and I got a pop-up saying "message sent". Nothing ever showed up in my inbox, so I tried again. After several attempts I submitted a help request to my web host via their online system. The tech who responded said he sent a reset message to my email address. Again it didn't show up. Finally I ended up calling tech support with my host and the rep said he would send reset information to my email address. He even repeated back my email address letter for letter so I know they have the right one. I waited and again, nothing. I had disabled all spam filters prior to starting this, so I know that's not the issue. My web host then suggested the problem must be with my ISP (AT&T). I've attempted to contact them, but have had no luck.

Any ideas why an email from a company would be blocked at some level before it ever even makes it to my inbox? this has been very frustrating.

2. Old Muley thread starter macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Turned into a different issue

So now I was able to track down part of the issue. My web host was using my ***@me.com for correspondence. For some reason email sent to this address is not forwarding on to my regular ***@ameritech.net account. It turned out I had about 65 messages that were sitting in the ***@me.com mailbox on the server. I guess this is the problem you run into when you have two iCloud accounts.