Mail not receiving spam emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gijoto5891, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Gijoto5891 macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,
    I have a huge problem, because I use Mail for work-related purposes, and many times it doesn't retrieve the spam emails from my hotmail account.
    I have set the Mail account in order to retrieve spam emails, but for some reasons, it only retrieve a small percentage of them.
    Can you help me with this issue?
    Thank you

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

I can't help with your problem, but I have to add that in having used Macs since 1987 and Apple //'s before that, you're the FIRST person I've ever seen anywhere in the online world who is asking to receive MORE spam, not less of it !!

3. Gijoto5891 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply

Dear Fishrrman,
    thank you for your email.
    As I said, I use the emails for work-related purposes.
    If an email of my client with a job offer goes into the spam folder and Mail doesn't retrieve it from my hotmail account, I think this is a big problem, particularly because I am losing money thanks to it.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you use email for work related stuff then I would recommend getting off of Hotmail and purchasing your own domain. Then using hosted email provider such as Google Apps or Office365. That is much more professional in the business world. Free email accounts should not be used in the business world if for no other reason than when you need support, like now.