Mail not receiving?!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by adonis3k, Nov 26, 2013.

1. adonis3k macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Anyone with Mail problems? I've set mine to get emails every 1 and then 5 mins but it never does, when I go and press Get mail manually it will get all emails, maybe a bug somewhere?

Really annoying :mad:

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Depends. What your email server? ISP, Microsoft Hotmail, work?

I ask because there is known thing the newer MS Exchange servers don't like to be poked every five minutes. Outlook checks every 10 minutes.

3. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

First go into Mail's menu item 'Window'. Use that 'Window' drop down to select "Connection Doctor". When it pops-up click the 'Show Detail' and then click the check again. His will give you print out on what mail is doing with the severs. This way you trace it down and try to fix that specific problem.

Plus are you getting Gmail IMAP or Pop?

Plus did you check in Google web mail Settings, IMAP settings and it is setup well?

5. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks buddy.

Check the connection, there was an error where it was checking one of my old email accounts which I removed but wasn't showing up in Accounts, but when I double clicked on it another window appeared and I could remove it.

All are set on for Pop and all have the same settings.

Will see how I get on now.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Then open Mail then go to Mail's Preferences, Accounts and highlight one of your accounts. When you look at "Outgoing Mail Server(SMPT):" find the offending SMTP entry that doesn't belong delete it.

7. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502