Mail not working with watchOS beta 2

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I can't seem to figure out how to fix this, can anyone else get their mail to show up on their watch after updating to wOS beta 2?

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I can't seem to figure out how to fix this, can anyone else get their mail to show up on their watch after updating to wOS beta 2?
welcome to beta... stuff like that is expected. To answer your question mail notifications (haptic/sound) aren't working (on my end too). As well as contact photo's gone, contact names show as phone numbers when view a text message thread. As an app developer and frequent beta tester i've learned that just about all Apple beta's will cripple you device in some way. My friends hate when I iOS beta test on my phone, there is usually some calling or message feature that is jacked up.

Comment

slierow

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
welcome to beta... stuff like that is expected. To answer your question mail notifications (haptic/sound) aren't working (on my end too). As well as contact photo's gone, contact names show as phone numbers when view a text message thread. As an app developer and frequent beta tester i've learned that just about all Apple beta's will cripple you device in some way. My friends hate when I iOS beta test on my phone, there is usually some calling or message feature that is jacked up.
I had the same issue. Un-pairing the watch and setting up as new cleared it up.

Comment

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Things don't work right in a beta, water is wet

You take the risk when using a beta, I used to do but it just isn't ever worth it. Terrible bugs, horrid battery

Comment