Mail not working?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Aftermath747, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Aftermath747 macrumors regular

Whenever I try to delete an email from my Yahoo! account using the standard client, I get the error message "The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Trash) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: UID COPY Command is not valid in this state."
    Anyone else experiencing this?

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Known issue with Yahoo. Try have reported it should be fixed by end of week.

3. griefrev macrumors member

I had an email problem with High Sierra too. When I installed it on a 2012 Mac Mini with a fusion drive, my mail would not connect. When I uninstalled it and reverted back to Sierra, everything was fine. I guess I'll wait awhile for an update before I try that again.

4. timfnb macrumors newbie

I get the same error after upgrading to High Sierra on Yahoo mail (but only there -- not Gmail):
    The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Archive) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: UID COPY Command is not valid in this state.

5. Aftermath747 thread starter macrumors regular

Only Yahoo! for me as well, not Exchange. I've reported to Apple. Really hoping they fix it soon.

6. ingenious macrumors 68000

ingenious

Was this an Exchange account, by chance? I had to do the same thing. Waiting on Sierra until I hear that this issue has been fixed (reported to Apple).

7. Aftermath747 thread starter macrumors regular