Mail notification on iPhone 5 question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ace08, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ace08 macrumors member

I've done a stare and compare on settings and can find no difference between my iPhone 5 and my wife's. The question I have is when my wife, who is setup as a VIP, emails me I get a notification even on my lock screen if not using my phone along with a ding as well notifying me she has emailed me. I am trying to set her phone up the same way but with hers she only gets notified if she manually checks her email. All the notification settings and email settings are the same as far as I can tell. How do I get my wife's iPhone 5 to do what mine is doing and automatically give a audible as well as visual notification when I as a VIP in her email app emails her?

My phone and iPad work fine in this regard and I can't believe I can't fix this. Any he appreciated. Thanks,!

2. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

What type of email is she using? Like AOL, Gmail - once you get back to me/us I could let you know what the problem might be (probably that Push eMail is turned off, but some providers don't support Push)

3. ace08 thread starter macrumors member

It works with me emailing her me.com email address but nit her verizon email.

4. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Verizon doesn't support push email.

Go to settings, mail, push/fetch, change fetch to 15 minutes.