iPhone Mail notification query

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by scouser75, Mar 1, 2019.

1. scouser75 macrumors 65816

Guys, when I receive mail notifications which aren't grouped, if I select one mail notification to clear it clears ALL of them. Is this Normal? If the mail are Grouped and I clear one mail item then it clears only that one item.

I'm sure this didn't happen before. Or am I becoming mega forgetful?

2. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi guys, after a lot of research online, I still haven't been able to resolve this issue. Before I get in touch with Apple Chat, can anyone advise if it is normal for all NON GROUPED emails to be cleared when clearing just one email notification?

Also, in Settings / Notifications /Mail I do not have an option to set or unset auto grouping of notifications. All the other apps have this option in their notification settings.

Thanks

3. crawfish963 macrumors 6502a

crawfish963

Can you post screenshots of what you are seeing?

4. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi mate. Unfortunately screen shots won't help. What happens is, if for example I have 4 ungrouped emails on the Apple Mail app, If I slide to clear just 1 of those emails from the notification centre , it clears all 4 of those
    ungrouped emails from NC.

This doesn't happen to any other notifications, just the Apple mail app emails.

5. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Hmm, perhaps this was always the case?
    I suggest perform a support chat with Apple, and see what they say, and share with us, too...