Mail notification

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by la321, Mar 5, 2013.

1. la321 macrumors member

I have iphone 4s when i get mail and check mail on my phone there is a number notification showing i tried to turn off mail notification in settings but on the home screen for mail its still showing how many emails i have in red how do i turn notification off?

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I don't know how to fix your issue, but I do know that turning off the mail notification only seems to turn of the sound notification.

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Can you post a screenshot of your notification settings for Mail?

4. la321 thread starter macrumors member

the numbers that show i want to get rid of that

Attached Files:

5. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Right.

Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail and take a screenshot, so we can see what your current settings are.

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Be patient. You probably searched through your mail, and when you did that it accessed the mail server. You probably have one (or even more) unread e-mail in your actual mailbox (those mails might be years old).

The "1" will go away after a while (when the 'cache' is emptied by iOS).

7. la321 thread starter macrumors member

I don't have old email every new email that comes it shows the number of emails i have i want that turned off by going to notification and unselecting mail from notification center i did have it turned off when i bought the phone in august but yesterday it started appearing again for some reason

Attached Files:

8. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Still not there. You need to tap on "Mail" on that screen to get to the notification settings for each of your accounts.

9. la321, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

la321 thread starter macrumors member

i found out what i didn't have selected i turned off badge icon

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, if you don't want new message badges, then turning off the badges for the Mail app should do the trick.