Mail Notification

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by warburg, Aug 4, 2015.

1. warburg, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015

warburg macrumors 6502

I had some problems with the Email on my iPhone and iPad and as a result deleted my Yahoo and Google accounts and then added them again them with new passwords. From that time, I have stopped receiving mail notifications on my Apple Watch. There has been no change in the watch settings, and I can't imagine what is causing this.

2. benchmarkman macrumors newbie

I was never able to get mail notifications to work with Comcast. Every other notification works but not mail.

3. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I was getting mail notifications from both Yahoo and Google before I changed my passwords. I'm going to an Apple Store today. I suspect their solution will be to un-pair and re-pair the watch. Do you think they might give me a new watch if they can't get it to work?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I do not think you will need a new watch. I think that if it happened when you deleted and re installed your email accounts you had a problem.

Have you rebooted your watch?
    Try a un-pair and re-pair before you go to the Apple store. It only takes a few minutes.

5. warburg, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple Store in Miami Beach and they did all sorts of things. First they unpaired and repaired the watch and changed a number of settings. The mail app worked for a time, but when I came home it was out again. I phoned Apple and they had me erase the phone and restart it. Now I am getting mail (without sound) unless I send mail from My Google to my Yahoo address or vice versa. This only comes through very occasionally. I'm still wondering whether there should be a tone when mail is received. My wife gets only a haptic on her phone also.