iPhone Mail notifications fail to clear from notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by dgrizzell, Sep 25, 2015.

1. dgrizzell macrumors member

dgrizzell

I've come across an issue in the notification center where I am unable to clear e-mail notifications. I did not begin experiencing this until upgrading to iOS 9 and iOS 9.01 did not resolve. When I swipe down to look at my notifications, certain e-mails (I'm unable to determine a pattern) cannot be cleared en masse by selecting clear in the group or even individually by swiping left. After a couple of days they eventually drop off and then I'll get another batch of e-mails that won't clear again. I have two different e-mail accounts, an iCloud and Exchange account, which are both experiencing this issue so it seems to be e-mail service agnostic.

Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 6

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've had this happen with some apps mostly in betas. Restarting the phone usually allowed those stuck notifications to be cleared. No real cause has been determined though it would seem.

3. Cache macrumors regular

I'm experiencing the same thing after updating to 9.0.1. Any news on this?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

How about 9.0.2?

5. dgrizzell thread starter macrumors member

dgrizzell

I'm still experiencing the issue on 9.0.2.

6. Cache macrumors regular

Me too unfortunately...

7. dgrizzell thread starter macrumors member

dgrizzell

Just following back up. Still having this issue. I posted on the Apple community support site but nothing yet.

8. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

This happens still!

Why can't we get this fixed.

9. dgrizzell thread starter macrumors member

dgrizzell

Yeah I'm still running into this regularly.

10. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

So frustrating that this bug is still here, this is such a basic feature of the phone and it never happen pre iOS 9 at least to me, restarting the phone isn't a reasonable fix, neither if turning off notification center.

11. biosci macrumors 6502a

9.2 and on an iPad Pro (also happens on iPhone)... Stuck notifications on all devices!

12. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

yeah they clearly just aren't really focusing on this issue i guess. I keep trying to figure out which way works best bc sometimes they do clear. Do i open the email by clicking the notification in notification center, then deleting the email, then clearing notification center? Do i clear notification center BEFORE I delete the email? Do I clear notification center before I read the message at all? I can't seem to figure it out.

13. GT Rick macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has been posted before but i cant get emails to clear from the notifications menu without having to do a restart. Anyone have a fix ? thanks