Mail Notifications show "Close" not "Delete"

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Dengar, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Dengar macrumors newbie

Dengar

When I get a Mail.app notification, I am presented with the option to 'Close' or 'Reply' on the alert that pops up. I remember seeing screenshots and reading that the functionality would give the ability to 'Delete' the message from the notification.

I am wondering if it's a setting I am missing or if something did not install correctly. Any thoughts?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

The change I am getting in Mac Mail is the notification used to say "Open" and "Close"...and now says "Close" and "Reply".

I'm confused as to why different folks get different Notifications on Mac Mail. Also, since Mavericks, I now have an "Archive" folder which was not present in the past, which contains 37,000 emails...and I can't figure out how to Delete the box.

3. Dengar thread starter macrumors newbie

Dengar

[​IMG]

This is what I was expecting to see. Honestly, the delete option is the only reason I would turn the notifications on. I don't know why I don't see 'Delete'.

:confused:

4. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

I hate resurrecting an old post, but has anyone gotten to the bottom of this?

What is strange is that I do have the delete option via Mail Notifications on my MBA, but my iMac running to same version of OSX doesn't show that option.

I've looked for differences in my setting, but don't see anything obvious. The "Delete" option is very handy and I use it frequently when signed on to my email accounts on my MBA.