Mail Notifications: swipe to mark as read, delete etc.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by elitypes, Sep 15, 2016.

1. elitypes macrumors newbie

In iOS9 you could swipe left on email notifications and it would give you options to "mark as read" or "delete". Have they removed this in iOS10?

Swiping left shows "view" and "clear" and in order to mark an email as read or delete it, you have to go into view and then scroll down. I don't understand why they would make this workflow more cumbersome. If you get a decent number of emails, going through to quickly action them has become impossible from notifications. Extremely frustrating.

Am I missing something here? I am on an iPhone 6. For those with 6S and beyond, can you force touch the mail notifications to bring up mark as read or delete?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's basically rich notifications for you--things are behind 3D Touch actions, the equivalent for which is the slide over and use "View" without 3D Touch.

3. elitypes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. As someone with an iPhone 6 that's a major bummer...

4. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

I didn't figure this out until I updated my work phone (5s) to iOS10. It still shows the view/mark read option when I swipe. I got an pissy wondering why my 6s didn't offer that...then I figured out the 3D touch thing. Ugh.

5. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

That extra step to dismiss something is extremely annoying and time consuming in the long run. Meh.