Mail notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by benasdf, Sep 23, 2014.

1. benasdf macrumors newbie

Is there any way to have mail notifications appear on the lock screen (or even the notification center) without having the screen light up each time a new message appears?

If I receive 100+ emails in a day, lighting up the screen 100 times is an unnecessary waste of battery, HOWEVER I do like being able to manually power on the phone and quickly look at a list of my most recent emails received.

If the list of emails can't be directly on the lockscreen, can they at least be just in the notification center while the screen is locked? In my experience if I have the "Show on lock screen" slider off, the emails will never show up in the locked notification center.

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

3. antiprotest, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Mail notifications

I do not believe that even if the screen lights up 500 times it would severely reduce battery life.

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

That's not completely true. It does affect all notifications, however notifications still appear and remain on the lock screen. The screen will not light up, and you will not receive sound/vibrate notifications. You can let all calls come through.

5. benasdf thread starter macrumors newbie

DND won't work for me unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.

I will leave the notifications on, for now, and see for a couple days if battery is significantly impacted. Thanks.

6. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

This is a pretty simple solution. Go into each emails notification options and turn off show on lockscreen. Now, you won't see them on your lockscreen nor will they wake your phone up and you can just simply slide down the notification center and they all should be viewable there.

7. benasdf thread starter macrumors newbie

I would be totally fine with this, except they don't actually appear in the notifications center when the phone is locked for some reason. I do have the "Show in Notification Center" slider to ON for the email account. This is a run-of-the-mill Exchange push account.

8. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

No notifications for mail

Does anyone know a fix for no mail notification?

I get a beep. But no led light flash, no lock screen notification, and they are not in the notification screen at all. All mail is set to top banner notify.

Just stopped working a week ago, and ios8.1 has not fixed it.

Reset network settings also did not correct. Screen does not alert at all.

Thanks