iPhone Mail notifications...

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Dentifrice, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Since IOS 12, I always have problems with notifications, ONLY for the Mail app.

It works fine for my iCloud account but not my others mail services. I always manage to make it work by playing with the settings but again, just update to 12.1.1 and problem is back.

What happens is I receive a mail, no notification, open the mail app, email is there. Note that it's a not a problem where the Mail app looks for email only when I open it. The email is there before the app checks for new message.

All my notifications settings for ALL accounts (working and non-working one) are exactly the same.

I don't know what to do anymore... FYI, notifications for all other apps works fine. Only problem is with 3rd party email services...

anyone has an idea ?

thanks

2. baltoyyz macrumors member

I am having the same issue since upgrading to 12.1.1

3. giancoes macrumors member

giancoes

Was having the same problem, removing all my email accounts and adding them again seems to have fixed the issue.

4. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Also having issues with mail notifications. My phone is set to show banners for all accounts and my watch is set to mirror my phone. When a new email comes in and my phone is locked, my phone vibrates but nothing on my watch. If am using my phone when an email comes in, there is vibration but no banner notification. Not the desired behavior in either case.

I’m not an expert in software development. But I’m continually amazed at how often new bugs crop up in iOS releases that weren’t there during the beta period. Makes me wonder what Apple does to the code before a public release.

5. baltoyyz macrumors member

That worked for me too. Thanks for the heads up.

6. MacWorld78 macrumors 6502

MacWorld78

That didn't work for me but I'm glad if that work for other users.

7. max2 macrumors 68020

8. newellj macrumors 603

Fine on my iPads. NG on iPhone but only for corporate email managed by MDM Agent. Deleted profile, reinstalled and back to normal function and notifications.

9. MacWorld78, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018

MacWorld78 macrumors 6502

MacWorld78

Try this:

Go to the settings icon

Mail > Notifications > Thread notifications > Alerts.

Hopefully, that will work for you.

10. Dentifrice thread starter macrumors 6502

I changed settings like 100 times back and forth and now it's working. I don't know what did the trick...

11. paulg1981 macrumors member

Just fixed this issue on my Xs today. I had to go into Notifications > Mail > Favorite Mailbox and enable notifications. Eventhough I don't have any 'favorited' mailboxes this made the regular mail notifications start working as expected. Hope it helps!

12. max2 macrumors 68020

I redid my iPhone and iPad and it fixed it!

Hope this is helpful.

13. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Turning on notifications for my Favorite mailbox appears to have fixed it for me as well. Good catch!