Mail on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Koodauw, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Does it suck for eveyone else too, or just me. Every time I try to send something I get a 'can not connect to the server' message. and the stores it in the out box. I've only really tired it when on EDGE. Am I alone here?

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

you from madison, wi or madison nj?

I've never had a problem with sending mail. Could be the edge coverage where you live.

3. YoungKevin macrumors member

Maybe its ur phone. My mail works perfectly. The only problem I have is that it doesnt check every 15 mins like I want it to but other than that it works fine. Maybe should have the apple store look at it. Did u hack it? I heard people had problems connecting to mail, stocks & weather after downgrading from one of the 2.0 betas. Maybe that's what happening.

4. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

the phone has the latest software, never been hacked or anything.

5. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I have an IMac and occasionally when I send an e-mail it can't connect to the server until later. I think there are times when the Apple mail servers have technical difficulties. I'm hoping the performance improves with Mobile Me.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Is your email a POP account? What type of address is it? Google? Yahoo? etc.

7. repre macrumors newbie

It is most likely your phone. It could be your edge speed though. I would test a friends iPhone in the same area with your mail account and see what you get.