Mail on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paul.b.davis, Nov 25, 2007.

1. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

So I am thinking about getting an iPod touch, but having Mail on it would be very important to me

So my question is this: Is there any chance of Mail being offered on the iTouch by Apple in the near future? With the SDK (i think) being released soon, will we be able to put Mail on one without jailbreaking? Finally, if there is no hope in those first two options, do I have to have an iPhone to get Mail onto an iTouch?

Thanks in advance

2. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I'm not sure if Apple will ever put mail.app on the iPod Touch as it is on the iPhone (may be just one of those silly things to help differentiate them), but I can pretty much guarantee that some very clever person will make something for the iPod Touch once the full SDK comes out.

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I just bought a touch (more or less on a whim) yesterday afternoon and I can confirm Mail runs well on it. Jailbreaking and installing the iPhone apps is a really simple process, it took me all of 5-10 minutes to do. Now my Touch has Google Maps and all that other good stuff too.

4. paul.b.davis thread starter macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

ok, thanks guys

one other thing, if after jailbreaking, something goes wrong, it is possible to reset the whole iPod and start from scratch before the jailbreak correct?

5. Cookee macrumors newbie

correct

6. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Yep, you could get mail on it now and I'm sure it'll become available (or at least a different version) when the SDK becomes available...and yes you can restore easyly... People who claim to "brick" their ipod, mainly dont know what they're doing :p

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

search for posts by me I have explained the whole reseting and restoring to 1.1.1 numerous tiems on here lol

when you have jailbroken your touch add the following address to the sources for installer http://repo.us.to and when it refreshes the sources you will have a catergory to install the iphone apps