Mail on Mac to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pellets007, Jun 11, 2014.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Hey all,

I've searched for awhile but can't find the answer I'm looking for. I have like six different e-mail accounts set up on my Mac. What I would like to do is have those same six accounts set up on my iPhones and iPad. In earlier versions of iTunes, you could check a box to sync Mail accounts, but that is no longer there.

I really don't want to have to set up mail accounts on three different devices. Some accounts are personally hosted under my domain, one is company, and another is AKO. Thanks in advance.

Running 10.10, iOS 7.06, & iOS 8.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Do you have an iCloud account? If you do and are signed in on both your Mac and iPhone it should copy over your mail account information automatically.

3. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Swiftaw, that's what I thought to. It properly synced my Gmail account that I used for my Apple ID and my .me account, but none of the others. This is what you mean right?

Attached Files:

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Really your mail is synced when you selected on the Mac in System Preference under iCloud - Mail. Remember when you do that, mail is synced. You can access it on the web (sorta how you would gmail). That's all you need to do.

Then put what ever accounts on your iOS devices. You would also have to sync to iCloud so that you can see/make any changes.

https://www.icloud.com

5. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I don't think I understand at all. The accounts are added on my Mac and I have iCloud turned on. It doesn't sync other accounts, just iCloud.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You are talking about your Gmail account right? And you are talking about me.com accounts right? All those accounts including the Apple email is online via the internet. Basically I can open Safari and log in to any email account, including Apple. You have them pushed to your Mac computer.

I'm trying to explain to you what you have, and what you need to do. Your first question was
    Then your second comment was

Your Mac and your iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) are treated the same way. On your Mac these email accounts are being pushed to your Mac. As for your iOS devices you have to do the same. Now Apple calls it iCloud. So you have to set up your devices just like you did your Mac.

So my question is… are you asking how to set up your email accounts that connected to your domain, company, and an AKO? Because the gmail and MobileMe accounts are added simply by going into Settings on your iOS device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mX6WhkoF74

7. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Sorry for the long delay in correspondence, but yes, that's correct. I have a personal e-mail associated with my personal domain, two company e-mails, and an AKO account. The first time I went on Gmail via web browser it gave me the option to add it to my Mac. Not so with AKO and the others, for a few reasons I suppose.

I just wish Apple kept the synchronization option present in older versions of iTunes that copied my Mail account settings to the phone. :(

The only alternative I see is to add all of these accounts to each device manually.