Mail on Mavericks help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sultanoflondon, Mar 3, 2014.

1. sultanoflondon macrumors regular

Hi all,

I was wondering whether someone could help me out with the following problem please?

I have started using Mail very recently and I have a Outlook (Hotmail) account. I have many folders in the Hotmail account that I use to store emails that I need in the future. For instance, I have a folder for holiday bookings, I have a folder for Work related emails, etc.

However, when I use Mail, these do not show up and I cannot put an email into any of these folders using the Mail application in Mavericks.

Can someone help me please synchronise the Hotmail folders with the Mail application?

Thanks in advance!

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Do you have your mail setup as IMAP? If it's set up as POP which was all Hotmail used to provide, you won't be able to see or work on the other folders.

3. sultanoflondon thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the prompt reply! Yes, it is set up as POP, and the incoming mail server is pop3.live.com. Can you advise me on how to change it to IMAP please? Furthermore, I do want to add some more accounts in the future; these will be Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail. Would I add all of these in IMAP?

Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

4. sultanoflondon thread starter macrumors regular