Mail (on MBP, not iPhone 4) not receiving emails from Gmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SimonBook, Sep 8, 2010.

1. SimonBook macrumors member

SimonBook

Hi!

For the past four days I haven't been receiving any emails from my Gmail account in Mail on my MBP. I am however receiving them on my iPhone 4 and I am getting emails from another account in Mail on my MBP.

On the left-hand side, where the mailboxes are listed, it's permanently displaying the spinning wheel next to Gmail. I am running the latest version of Mail, 4.3, which came with the latest OSX update. I haven't activated the Priority Inbox Google introduced to Gmail.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Any help is appreciated.

2. Blunder82 macrumors newbie

3. Queso macrumors G4

We had this once. It's a caching issue on your Mac. In your ~/Library/Mail folder (where your mailboxes are kept) there's a folder that will contain one single massive file. Apologies but I can't remember what its name is, but it will of course have an up to date timestamp, and I seem to recall that the folder it is located in has a very relevant name.

Make sure you shut down mail before moving the file to the trash, then when you restart mail all should be well again.

4. Blunder82 macrumors newbie

Would it possible be this one you are talking about? And do i have to download all the mails I have? (+18000!)

Sep 13 20:31:12 xxx-xxx-macbook-pro Mail[17894]: 0x11785f9d8 got exception inserting message (error 11: database disk image is malformed), current retries 2

5. Queso macrumors G4

Not sure what you're linking to there, but it doesn't require trashing the entire mail folder, just the contents of one sub-folder.

And I've found the link. Post 2.

Link

6. SimonBook thread starter macrumors member

SimonBook

I didn't do anything, but it's working again. I experienced the problem for about a week, but for the past two days it's been working just fine.