Mail on SL

Discussion in 'macOS' started by davidlt, Aug 29, 2009.

1. davidlt macrumors member

I am the only one unhappy with Mail application here? It was sluggish before, but after installing Snow Leopard it is not working at all.

"*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'adding a feed', reason: 'adding a feed'"

2. MacSamurai macrumors regular

MacSamurai

My Mail is borked too :( keep getting the "Mail quit unexpectedly" every time i try to open it

3. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

So far it's working relatively fine here with Gmail IMAP as my only account. I did have to kill the process a while back though, for it was using 20% CPU for no apparent reason.

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

My mail is working fine, however when receiving new mail the Mail Activity Window will show the first couple of dozen characters of the subject line fine, but the remaining characters will look like gibberish.

I think that it did the same thing under Leopard and is a Mail bug that apparently didn't get fixed during the update.

5. discodan macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem as davidIt and MacSamurai. Have not been able to successfully launch Mail since installing SL.

"Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'adding a feed'"...

6. sam011989 macrumors regular

my mail is working fine, all 7 of my email accounts.

only gripe is that my notes are listed in the inbox as well whereas they were their own thing separate from emails in the previous version

7. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

Mail is perfect on my Mac. Troubleshoot it again.

8. dagaz macrumors newbie

I get the same message. The relevant bit from my Console.app is:

9. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Got to sa Mail is working brilliantly for me. Much faster loading up and not a problem in sight.

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Me too. No problem at all with SL so far

11. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Mail Preferences > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors > Notes > Untick "Show notes in inbox". That should fix it.

12. budmartin macrumors newbie

SL Mail

Mail works just fine for IMAC accounts, but hangs when trying to Fetch from POP accounts. Trashing the Address Book provided a temporary fix, but problem re-occurs when AB re-added. BTW, I also trashed ALL Groups in AB!:mad:

13. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i'm very happy with it, now it works with my MSN account, when before it didn't. it's also a bit faster and boots up faster

14. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

no problems......BUT for

can't get exchange to work properly, no problems with it on my iphone though......confused!

15. sam011989 macrumors regular

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was going nuts! It wasn't like that before and I checked all the preferences, I just didn't look in the right place. Thanks.

16. jpma macrumors 6502

however, i'm having rss problem on mail
    everything i remove an rss article always pop right back when I reopen mail.

17. dagaz macrumors newbie

Not only is Mail not working, there is no iCal in my Applications folder. I've tried re-installing Snow Leopard numerous times but each time it either tells me that my disk needs cleaning (which I've done) or that it can't copy the necessary support files.

However, one interesting thing I discovered doing this was that if you have Snow Leopard already installed and start the Mac OS X Installer, once you type in your admin password it starts installing straight away (i.e. from the desktop) without rebooting from the DVD. However, each time it tries to do this I get one of the messages I listed above. I also get one of those messages if I try installing while booted from the DVD.