Mail on the Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayneholbrook, Jul 21, 2011.

1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Now that Lion is released can we finally upgrade our mail on the Iphone. Maybe we can have proper signatures with logos?

What about being able to see flags in emails or place flags in emails?

I haven't seen any of this in the beta versions of the OS5 as of yet, that seems to be a real let down. I’m still holding out hope since there are a few more beta seeds to be released before the gold version comes out.

Any thoughts?

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Sorry if I'm missing something, but what does a update to OS X have to do with an update to iOS?

3. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Sorry, maybe I should have been more clear. Lion released a lot of enhancements to Mail, some of which would be great on the Iphone like some of the ones I listed above.

4. shandyman Suspended

i thought flagged email was mentioned at iOS 5 launch, but not seen it yet

edit - Links - http://iphonetech.org/new-in-ios-5-flagging-email-in-mail-app/
    http://www.tipb.com/2011/06/06/mail-upgrade-ios-5/

5. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

That's what I thought but I have OS5 beta 3 and it's still not an option. I'm still waiting to be able to control sounds from email. For example I know you can assign a certain sound to emails but you can't assign a different sound for each email addresss like one for work and another for home. You can't turn off one email sound without silencing all emails.

6. shandyman Suspended

i'm running the beta 3 as well, but don't see it, either there's a way to do it that's not been explained or its just not in there yet i dunno, but should be for GM and final release.

i think with emails for now it's just custom tones for them as a whole rather than individually, as if individually was going to be done, it would have been there by now, even tho it's easily done since they've done it for ringtone and sms.