Mail or NetNewsWire

Discussion in 'macOS' started by justind.clark, Oct 30, 2008.

1. justind.clark macrumors member

This is a question for those of you who subscribe to RSS feeds. Do you prefer to use NetNewsWire or Mail or something else to manage your feeds?

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

I prefer mail - granted, it's RSS capabilities are not as sophisticated, but it's another program less running. Plus, I am currently only subscribing to 7 or so feeds...

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I prefer NNW because I mostly read feeds at work (PC). When I'm home I'll occasionally flip thru feeds on my iPhone.

The desktop / iPhone sync works well for my needs.

I had RSS in Mail, but found that I didn't really read them much at home.

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Mail. Why install an app that takes space from your hard drive when you have a built in app?;)

7. macsteps macrumors newbie

macsteps

I'm using NNW for its capabilities of handling a large number of feeds elegantly and for its wealth of features. I haven't really used Mail that much for RSS, but intend to do that sometime soon. If I get basically the same functionality in Mail that I get in NNW, I might switch.

8. reubs macrumors 68000

I started out with Newsfire, but I switched to NNW a while ago. It's kind of a big app, but I can sync it up easily with Newsgator (I'm on a PC at work). I also like that I can open up the feed in its own window and read any posted comments.

I've never used mail, and I frankly don't intend to as long as NNW keeps fulfilling my needs.