Mail (OSX&iOS) needs better phishing prevention - duplicate my radar!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Glassed Silver, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Glassed Silver macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Hey guys!

I think it's not far fetched to say that most of us on here will probably not click links found in emails where "Amazon" asks you to "verify your account" and such, but the problem is, I haven't filed my report for myself, I did it, because phishing is becoming a much bigger problem year after year and it's mostly because computers are often required these days for jobs, for hobbies, for life, etc...

Many people, let's face it, seem to have a hard time remembering best practices for IT security. We're often the kind of folks who're then called by grandpa or grandma, father/mother, ... Well you get the gist.

I have filed a bug report with Apple, obviously they will take this issue more seriously if some guys duplicate the radar, so here's what you need if you feel like it, including my description, feel free to copy it 1:1:

Go to: bugreport.apple.com

Product: Mail
    Classification: Feature (New)
    Reproducibility: Not Applicable

Title:
    Description:
    Steps to reproduce:
    Expected Results:
    Actual Results:
    Configuration:

Thanks for your attention and time

Glassed Silver:mac

2. Scubadiver macrumors member

Scubadiver

Not a bug

This is not a bug, it is a suggestion.

3. Glassed Silver, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

Glassed Silver thread starter macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Where did I say it's a bug?
    Did you read my post?

edit:
    I eat my words! :)
    I see I wrote that I filed a bug report, although I also stated the info I entered in the report.
    I quoted that I filed it as "Classification: Feature (New)", so I don't know why your only comment is pointing something out that's already there.
    If I had talked about a bug in the title of this thread, well fair enough.
    However you clearly did read my post, hence you should also come across the part where I clearly stated what I classified this as.

Glassed Silver:mac