Resolved Mail Outlook - Password issue

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
Hey :)

suddenly I'm having trouble with Mail. My gmail works FINE on Apple Mail, but out of the blue, everytime I want to get my new mail, it ask's for the password for my Outlook.com email adress. I type it (correctly) and 2 seconds later it ask's again and stays passive.

Any ideas?

Macmonter

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
Vermont, USA
I'm having a similar problem with Mail v4.6 and it's connection to the Yahoo Mail server. Occasionally, when I click send I'll be asked for my Yahoo Mail password. But, after being entered the password request repeatedly reappears without sending the email. Then after several tries, sometimes the email gets sent. Other times I have to walk away - cursing - and try sending later! It will work fine for a week or two, and then reoccur! It's frustrating as hell since I can't determine if Apple Mail or Yahoo Mail is the problem.

aaronelkins

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2014
China
I had the similar issue before, I resolved this issue by deleting password in KeyChain and create my email account in Apple Mail again after changed my email password.

The key point is to delete password stored in Keychain and create the email account in Mail again if you change your email password. This maybe a bug in Apple Mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.