Resolved Mail Outlook - Password issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleInTheMud, Jul 3, 2015.

1. AppleInTheMud macrumors 6502

AppleInTheMud

Hey :)

suddenly I'm having trouble with Mail. My gmail works FINE on Apple Mail, but out of the blue, everytime I want to get my new mail, it ask's for the password for my Outlook.com email adress. I type it (correctly) and 2 seconds later it ask's again and stays passive.

Any ideas?

2. AppleInTheMud thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleInTheMud

Ehhhhh didn't Outlook use to be on that list? :-O

Attached Files:

3. AppleInTheMud thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleInTheMud

Solved - It's been like this for days and now ... Well it's suddenly okay again :-O

Apple Mail is annoying :-/

4. Macmonter macrumors regular

Macmonter

I'm having a similar problem with Mail v4.6 and it's connection to the Yahoo Mail server. Occasionally, when I click send I'll be asked for my Yahoo Mail password. But, after being entered the password request repeatedly reappears without sending the email. Then after several tries, sometimes the email gets sent. Other times I have to walk away - cursing - and try sending later! It will work fine for a week or two, and then reoccur! It's frustrating as hell since I can't determine if Apple Mail or Yahoo Mail is the problem.

5. AppleInTheMud thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleInTheMud

My guess is the problem is Apple Mail. That app fails all the time

6. aaronelkins macrumors member

aaronelkins

I had the similar issue before, I resolved this issue by deleting password in KeyChain and create my email account in Apple Mail again after changed my email password.

The key point is to delete password stored in Keychain and create the email account in Mail again if you change your email password. This maybe a bug in Apple Mail.