Mail page appears to be 'cut off'

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by notlob, Jun 26, 2009.

1. notlob macrumors newbie

I am brand new to Mac and so this is probably a very simple solution to you all....when viewing the Mail page with all of the emails received etc. the whole page does not seem to be centering on the computer screen. First of all, the actual webpage looks too 'wide' resulting in the computer screen 'capturing' everything BUT the left side...looking at the top of the page, the first item is the black apple logo (I cannot see any red/amber/green icons to close, minimize or maximize). Just some more background...I am operating a several month old Macbook Pro 2.53 as well as the Apple Cinema 24 in. When connected to the Apple Cinema, everything appears normal....however when unplugging from it and just operating on the computer itself, I get the above issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It sounds like your Mac is not automatically re-adjusting the screen resolution after it's been disconnected from the external display. Navigate to the Displays pane in System Preferences with the display disconnected and see if the computer is set to the maximum resolution.