Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I have been using Mail.app with 2 gmail accounts and about 1-2 times a day it rejects my password and Mail asks me for the password again. I select remember in keychain but it still asks me for my password when it's rejected.

These two gmail accounts are configured correctly POP-wise and I have the correct information in Mail to get email and send.

Anyone know why Gmail is rejecting my password once a day? All the other times it accepts my password just fine.

Also this problem alternates between accounts. One hour it rejects one the other hour it rejects the other!

Also once in a great while Mail can't even connect to gmail.

I've had this problem for about a month or 2 and it's becoming more frequent. Started in Tiger and I am using Leopard now (Fresh install, not upgrade)

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I have been using Mail.app with 2 gmail accounts and about 1-2 times a day it rejects my password and Mail asks me for the password again. I select remember in keychain but it still asks me for my password when it's rejected.

These two gmail accounts are configured correctly POP-wise and I have the correct information in Mail to get email and send.

Anyone know why Gmail is rejecting my password once a day? All the other times it accepts my password just fine.

Also this problem alternates between accounts. One hour it rejects one the other hour it rejects the other!

Also once in a great while Mail can't even connect to gmail.

I've had this problem for about a month or 2 and it's becoming more frequent. Started in Tiger and I am using Leopard now (Fresh install, not upgrade)

Are you sure it's GMail and not Mail.app having the problem?

When you next get that screen to enter your password....click cancel. Then just try to check your mail again and see whether it works.

This happens to me occasionally. I think it ends of being a Mail.app to server connection issue. But for me, I never have to re-enter my password. I just hit cancel on that dialog box, and continue on my way.

-Kevin

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I believe I may have fixed it... It might have been because I had the two accounts linked.

And the not being able to connect I think I read somewhere saying that it's a bug that is either being fixed in .1 or they hope it will be fixed...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.