Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramsos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2002
Oakland, California
Okay guys help me if you can here's my problem I just changed me dsl account and I created a new screen name (email account) so I went into my mail preferences and deleted my previous account and I lost over 2,000 emails when I did that, is there any way for me to recover these emails. I thought the old emails would stay but I was wrong. I checked to see if they were in the trash but they weren't. I'm using 10.2.8 any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Ramsos said:
Okay guys help me if you can here's my problem I just changed me dsl account and I created a new screen name (email account) so I went into my mail preferences and deleted my previous account and I lost over 2,000 emails when I did that, is there any way for me to recover these emails. I thought the old emails would stay but I was wrong. I checked to see if they were in the trash but they weren't. I'm using 10.2.8 any help would be greatly appreciated. :(
Your old email was probably IMAP. It was never on your computer, but rather on your old provider's mail server. When you deleted your old account and its reference to its IMAP server, you were no longer able to view your mail.

You need to reinstate your old account on your computer. Download all of your old mail. Then you can discard your old account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.