Mail problem: text display (not a plain text thing)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Seedouble, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Seedouble macrumors newbie

Seedouble

Hi there,

If I click on an email in my inbox, where it says "from:", he person's name is dropped almost to the next line, so it sits on top of the subject line, making them both pretty much unreadable. In emails with attachments, the buttons that would say "Save" (this button has nothing in it) and the word "Slideshow" is half-way up inside its button. These problems occur in no other program as far as i am aware. THey happened when I updated yesterday to the latest update.

I am using a new iMac G5.

It looks like the update did it, and the technician tells me you can;t go back on an update...

Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Things to try, in order

1) Reboot machine

2) Repair disk permissions

3) Delete mail's plist preference file

3. Seedouble thread starter macrumors newbie

Seedouble

Hey, I've tried all those options. It doesnt seem to be a corrupted font either because the problem occurs nowhere else. A this point I'll mention I'm not using the computer at the moment; it is a colleagues one I had to use for a while.

Here is perhaps a clue:
    I installed Helvetica Beaten and Mail seemed to default to using that (Helvetica is the default) for the body of the new mail messages I was writing. I deactivated it (I was using Fontbook) which solved that problem. This doesn't really seem connected to me though, because Lucida Grande is the font used for the From label and the buttons anyway.

What a strange bug.