Mail problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidinva, Mar 12, 2011.

1. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Mail is not receiving incoming mail. For about 12 hours now. Outgoing seems to be ok. I sent a test message to gmail account and that arrived ok. Settings haven't changed. Idea?

Thanks.

2. mogallin macrumors member

I've experienced similar problems, although it might have been the other way around with incoming working and outgoing not. I'm afraid I dont' remember the details but what created the problems for me seemed to be that I was using a BT server for incoming/outgoing, which worked fine while I was connected to the internet through BT but not when traveling and using other ISPs. Some kind of authentication issue I guess. Haven't had an of those problems though since I switched to gmail (which I got set up with Mail as well).

Might be useful knowing what your settings are, especially for authentication?

3. davidinva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mail problem

This is the message I get from Verizon:

The server returned the error: The connection to the server “incoming.verizon.net” on port 995 timed out.

4. davidinva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mail problem solved (for now)

Changed the port number in Mail preferences. Apparently, it had changed (I don't know if I did it of not), but anyway, incoming mail working now. I have my Verizon web mail as backup.