Mail Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chozo, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Chozo macrumors member

I use Mail for my Gmail and Hotmail accounts (Hotmail works courtesy of MacFreePops) and it's amazing. My problem rests with Hotmail though.

This isn't another "HALP I CAN'T GET HOTMAIL TO WORK WIT MAIL" thread. This is a little different. Every now and then, my hotmail account starts to redownload my inbox...again. Essentially doubling my hotmail account and forcing me to rebuild my Hotmail mailbox. This generally wouldn't be a problem but I have about 3900 emails. It's very pesky rebuilding such a large inbox as it takes forever. If someone knows why it does this and how to make sure it won't be done again, please please inform me.

2. chaveezy macrumors newbie

there should be an option in mail to not leave messages on the server, this should solve this issue, however, you will not be able to view them VIA the net after your iMail has downloaded them. The path will be;

iMail/Preferences/Advanced

Try messing with these settings a little as well, Hotmail is finicky and this is a KNOWN issue, that's why Gmail is so great!

PS - about the 3900 emails, well I'm sure you know you should use the DELETE key more often!