mail problems help needed please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snapper07, Jan 19, 2008.

1. snapper07 macrumors 6502

Hi all
    I've got a bit of problem with mail i've got my own domain name and am using pop to get mail, but if the mail is more than a few days old i keep getting the gray "this message has not been downloaded from server"
    I refresh it nothing happens so I look on my servers webmail and the messages are gone from my server now i've been using this email address for years and all my computers are set to not delete off server and the servers email prefs are set to delete after 60 days, so is the i phone deleting them?
    And whats the point of having a emil application that does not let you look at old mail i often need to re look at mail but on the iphone its hopeless!

Is there a way round this so i can make the iphone save the email so i don't keep having to re get the messages every time?!

thanks in advance

2. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry...

IMAP via Gmail is my only course of action---:cool:

4. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

got a gmail account so do i set it up to forward my email address to my iphone?
    will that stop my other computers getting my the email as well?
    and if i reply to emails will it look like it's come from gmail or my email?

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No, just set-up IMAP...

on your desktop and Gmail will do the rest. The benefit of not having to put email in the trash and empty the trash twice, makes email management a breeze for me. Bottom line: You aren't duplicating everything, just do it once on your desktop or on your iPhone. :cool: