Mail Problems in OSX 10.4.11

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jcapp1, Oct 6, 2012.

1. jcapp1 macrumors newbie

I am having a problem with my mail Application. I am using v 2.1.3 on my PowerMac G4 running system OSX 10.4.11. When I go to retrieve my mail I do not get all of it. When I trash it and the next time I open mail the trashed items will re appear in in in box and will duplicate those items every time I open mail even if they are trashed. The biggest thing is I can not shut down my computer because Mail is still open not allowing me to shut down. The only way I can get rid of the Mail app. is to force quit mail which then allows me to shut down. This is driving me crazy. I get the same results on my iMac G5. Please HELP

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Who is your mail provider? Gmail, Comcast, Hot Mail etc?

3. jcapp1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mail Problems in OSX 10.4.11

The mail provider is Mac Mail v 2.1.3 the icon looks like a postage stamp.
    Not only is this happening on both Macs but it is also doing the same thing to my Mac Book Pro. The only difference with the pro is when I quit Mail I am able to shut down without using force quit, otherwise I am having the same problem with all 3 macs. This is crazy. I used various diagnostic programs like Drive Genius & Disk Warrior I checked permissions as well as a complete on the drive as well as rebuilding the desk top, no improvement.

4. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

Mac Mail is just the client, not the provider. What domain do the email addresses belong to? (e.g. johnsmith@yahoo.com belongs to yahoo.com, johnsmith@gmail.com belongs to gmail.com, etc.)

5. jcapp1 thread starter macrumors newbie