Mail Problems please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vegaslibra, Jul 15, 2010.

1. vegaslibra macrumors newbie

Mail isn't working for me. I'm running osx 10.5.8 and mail 3.6. It won't quit. I have to force quit. Then it won't receive regular mail. It is only receiving junk mail. I have tried deleting the account and adding it again. I have also added another account to see if the problems were still there and they are. Is there any way to fix this? TIA

2. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

10.5? isnt that tiger? apparently tiger had a fair few issues with mail, try upgrading to Leopard or snow leopard, that should most likely fix it. who is your email with? hotmail,googlemail etc

:EDIT:

oops that is leopard, try upgrading to snow leopard. i had more problems in leopard than snow. now i only get the irritating pop up box that repeatedly asks for my password every 5 mins

3. vegaslibra thread starter macrumors newbie

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well that explains the junk mail.

5. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

ohh yeah thats true AOL is really infected with junk mail. try using hotmail, i seem to have no problems with junk at all. Another thing if you still have your two installation disks that came with your mac you can re-install mail from fresh? (using the second disc that has all your applications on it)