Mail Program giving me a "unique problem".

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RubioCTEM, Sep 7, 2009.

1. RubioCTEM macrumors newbie

So I'm pretty sure nothing on here addresses my problem specifically. I never post a new thread becuase I can usually find the answer in previous posts. However, this has proven difficult.

So, I sent out a mass email to all my family and friends using the "Mail" application on my iMac. The message popped back up along with a dialouge box that says: "Cannot send message using the server stmp.gmail.com:wlrubio - The server did not recognize the following recipients:" It then proceeds to list about 400 email addresses which go well beyond the bottom of the screen. At the bottom it has the following options: "Edit Message", "Try Later", and "Try Again with Selected Server". The latter one is selected by default so pressing enter will just succeed in Mail attempting to send the message again, producing the same dialogue box. I can only see this when I enter the "All Windows" display.

I have tried resizing, zooming out, restarting, just about everything under the sun, and nothing works. I can't click on the correct option if my screen doesn't go down that far.

I have tried tabbing to another one of the options but Mac doesn't TAB like Windows does. I've changed the default setting to enable FULL KEYBOARD CONTROL, but that does nothing on this dialogue box. I've pressed control F7 to try to switch the options as well but to no avail.

Is there any solution to this? How can I close this silly dialogue box? Am I destined to have a un-sendable email open for the rest of my days? I just need to cancel the message.

Thanks in advance,
    Will

Attached Files:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you tried hitting the escape key? Also hitting the letter 'e' might work. In Mac OS X usually hitting the letter of the first word for dialogue boxes selects that option.

3. RubioCTEM thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow...it really was that easy.

The esc key cleared the dialouge box and I was able to discard the message.

I feel pretty silly. Didn't think to press the one button that made the most sense.

Thank you so much,
    Will