Mail pulls wrong information from Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g-boac, Nov 7, 2009.

1. g-boac macrumors 6502

Having a problem where Mail is showing wrong address book information for contacts - specifically, Mail shows the wrong pictures for several of my contacts. In some cases, the actual contact and the picture displayed have nothing in common with each other (i.e., don't share a name, or an e-mail address, or anything else in common).

I've already tried trashing preferences for Address Book and Mail, and repairing disk permissions. No luck. Can anybody offer any other solutions to try?

Have not installed any new software or otherwise altered computer, this problem just started happening.

thanks!
    Mark

2. g-boac thread starter macrumors 6502

possible solution

deleted the ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book/MailRecents-v4.abcdmr file, and this seems to have solved the problem. Need to see if it holds out.

I can say that this problem was entirely isolated to my MacBook; when using MobileMe, or Mail on my iPhone, contact info was always associated correctly.

Generally, the problem presented itself in the wrong PICTURE being associated with the contact when viewing mail in Mail, however, occasionally Mail would offer the entirely wrong address when I typed out a contact's name. Both issues seemed to have been corrected now.

thanks,
    Mark