Mail Question - Multiple Accounts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DJAKO, Oct 14, 2008.

1. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

I remember in previous versions of Mail that when you have multiple accounts and try to compose an email it would give you a dropdown menu allowing you to select which email account you want to send the message from.

Does Mail still allow you to do this? Because for some reason I haven't seen this dropdown for quite some time now.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I'm still using Tiger, but I haven't heard of that feature disappearing. I would imagine since the app supports multiple accounts, that drop down is a necessity.

3. DJAKO thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya, well I still use my multiple accounts. But now when I want to send an email from account X, I have to click on it and then click compose. It was easier before being able to just click compose then pick the desired email from the dropdown.

Maybe I turned off a setting or feature?

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

There is a drop down in the "header" section of the New Message window that allows you to customize what you see, like show account being used to send, BCC, etc. Check that out, you might have it disabled.

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

It's still there.. It may be turned off on yours. Turn it back on by clicking on the little box just below the subject line and select Customize in the drop down.

6. DJAKO thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much guys. I figured it was something simple I was missing. Finally got it back lol

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I love these threads, cause not only do they make someone's day when the "fix" a nagging problem. It allows the rest of us to relearn certain things about the system and apps!

awesomeness all around. :D