Mail Question, regarding attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Windows Expat, May 23, 2012.

1. Windows Expat macrumors member

Windows Expat

Is there a way to include the original text of an email I'm replying to, but not the attachments...by default?

I realize I can delete the photos or whatever before sending, but I often forget about them hidden away at the bottom of the message.

Just wondering if there's a secret setting for this hidden somewhere?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What version and what mail client are you using? Replying to an e-mail with an attachment in Mail doesn't include the attachment for me.

3. Windows Expat thread starter macrumors member

Windows Expat

I'm using the stock Mail app on Lion. I would like the original text but not the attachments (photos) to show up when I reply.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I just saw this thread. I'm also using Mail on Lion but when I replied, the attachment never showed up. :confused:

5. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

I don't know about a setting in Mail preferences, but what I do is highlight (all or some of) the text in the message I want to reply to and click "Reply" or "Reply All" and then only that text & no attachments is included. It seems quick enough for me so that I haven't bothered to check for settings... :)