Mail Question, regarding attachments

Windows Expat

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Is there a way to include the original text of an email I'm replying to, but not the attachments...by default?

I realize I can delete the photos or whatever before sending, but I often forget about them hidden away at the bottom of the message.

Just wondering if there's a secret setting for this hidden somewhere?

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
I'm using the stock Mail app on Lion. I would like the original text but not the attachments (photos) to show up when I reply.
I just saw this thread. I'm also using Mail on Lion but when I replied, the attachment never showed up. :confused:

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Is there a way to include the original text of an email I'm replying to, but not the attachments...by default?

I realize I can delete the photos or whatever before sending, but I often forget about them hidden away at the bottom of the message.

Just wondering if there's a secret setting for this hidden somewhere?
I don't know about a setting in Mail preferences, but what I do is highlight (all or some of) the text in the message I want to reply to and click "Reply" or "Reply All" and then only that text & no attachments is included. It seems quick enough for me so that I haven't bothered to check for settings... :)