Mail Question-Slightly obscure

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Joe1706, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Joe1706 macrumors newbie

Hi there, first time poster here looking for some advice re: Mail.

I just set up a second Gmail account for a new YouTube channel I set up and need some help.

I use the Mail app on my Mac for all of my email accounts and have them all come into the Inbox.

Basically I was wondering if there is any way of having the YouTube gmail account come into the Mail app but not go into my Inbox and not get the notification for new mail, so that I can just click onto the YouTube gmail account and see any mail that is in there when I want to, but not get spammed all the time with recommendations for Subscriptions and updated about people commenting on the Video's.

The idea is for my normal mail to come into the Mail app as usual but the new Gmail account to come in and just sit in a separate box so that I can keep it separate.

The only reason I want it to come into Mail is that one of my other email accounts is a Gmail account and it is annoying to have to keep logging in and out of 2 different accounts on Google just to check if there is any mail in the Youtube account.

If I havent made this clear then please let me know and I will clarify. Hopefully someone will have a way to do this.

Thanks in Advance

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816