Resolved Mail Question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by etcetera, Jul 26, 2011.

1. etcetera, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

etcetera macrumors member

So I've never really used Mail before Lion, seeing as I primarily run Gmail and always found the website sufficient to my needs...Anyway:

I now have Mail set up with my Gmail and my work email. And it gives you two options for viewing your inbox: you can look at each inbox separately (for each acct) or you can list all of your emails clumped into one inbox.

I was wondering if there is a way to show both inboxs together in the left window pane but still have separate between the inboxs. I want to see a column with my Gmail, and a separate column (underneath it, preferably. Side by side would be too much space) with my work email.

Is this possible?

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

As far as I know there's just two views. The combined view and the view the shows just one account at a time. I too sync my personal and business email into Mail and I just use the combined view most of the time.

3. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Try this. Click the [>Show] arrow to show all your inboxes. Drag each inbox to the Favorites bar next the [>Show] button. You'll get a quick way to jump between your two inboxes and it will even give you updated unread messages counts.

Not exactly what you wanted but maybe close?

Attached Files:

4. etcetera thread starter macrumors member

Hmm...close enough. Thanks!