Mail Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PearlMikeJam, Feb 25, 2008.

1. PearlMikeJam macrumors newbie

I have a new 32GB Touch and I love it so far. Is their a way to have the mail app only download new messages? I am using Yahoo! Mail and do not have any issue sending or receiving, I just do not like that messages I just deleted on the Touch keep downloading. I use Outlook on my PC and have it set to delete messages from the Yahoo! servers when the messages are 5 days old. I do not want the Touch to delete the messages from Yahoo! in the event that I need to reply to a message from another computer.

Thanks for the help!

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

go to settings, mail, then you can select how many e-mails you wish to keep, you can go down to 25 messages.

3. PearlMikeJam thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done that, but I do not want to download messages that I have deleted already. That setting seems to always download 25 messages regardless of whether they are new.

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

but as you get new messages, it deletes the 25th message, so you only have 25 total. its the closest you are going to get to your objective

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

If you set it up as a POP account (rather than IMAP), will it do what you're trying to get it to do?

6. EdwardsNH macrumors member

That shouldn't happen with Imap, which should be set by default. Check to see if yahoo is set to imap or pop in mail settings