Mail quit iCloud sync, iPhoto no longer sees iPhone

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hrududu, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Any other Leopard users out there find that Mail just quit accepting your iCloud password for you mail account? I've also noticed that since I upgraded to iOS 10 on my iPhone that iPhoto and Image capture no longer recognize the phone at all. Pretty irritating as my iPhoto library rests on the G5. Is this happening to all of you too?

2. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

I don't know about the photo thing, but I have a solution to the email problem. Instead of the regular iCloud mail server addresses, try mail.me.com and smtp.me.com (use authentication with the SMTP one). Using these older addresses resolved the problem for me. And if those don't work, try mail.mac.com and smtp.mac.com (again, using authentication). I know it sounds crazy, but this actually worked for me. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you, I'm just sharing my solution.

3. Hrududu thread starter macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Okay I got half of this figured out. The iCloud Mail issue was resolved by removing the 2 step verification on iCloud. Hopefully that will help anyone in the future that may be seeing the problem as well.

4. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Did you even try the other server addresses? I was curious to see if they'd help others. Anyway, I'm glad you got that figured out. Now we just need a solution to the photos. I'm thinking that this will have to go more in-depth than the Mail solution...

5. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

6. Hrududu thread starter macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Fixed that too by turning on iCloud Photo Library and turning off Photo Stream. No idea why, but for the moment that allows iPhoto and Image Capture to see the phone again.

7. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Here's another solution to the photo problem. It's not the best, but it'll be included in the macOS Sierra theme. Foxbox https://www.icloud.com/#photos. Then you have a photos app that will sync with your newer devices via iCloud. And it has some of the features of the new Photos app for Mac, too. If I ever upgrade past an iPhone 3GS (newest a PPC can sync with), I'll start using this method.