Mail "read" on iPod Touch is not marked as "read" in mail.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JonQ, Aug 18, 2008.

1. JonQ macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm new here and hopefully this forum is better than the apple discussion boards :).

anyway here is a problem that's been really bugging me. I have both my iPod Touch and Mail (OSX Leopard) tied to two of my gmail accounts with IMAP enabled. Before, mail "read" on my iPod Touch would easily be marked as "read" in Mail on my laptop. Now it no longers happens and I have to manually change the mail to read on my laptop. I checked my gmail accounts via gmail.com after reading mail on my iPod Touch and those have been marked as read also. So I'm guessing its a problem with Mail? But the weird thing is that mail "read" on my laptop seems to sync the status fine to gmail, thus I never get an "unread" mail on my iPod Touch after reading mail on my laptop. is anyone else having this problem? :(:confused:

2. iRondo macrumors member

I'm not of any help but I have the same 'problem' you describe. I don't mind it though, as I use my Touch to read mail on the go, and if I can quickly reply to something I will, but once I am back to my Mac I can read and respond properly. So for me this works out fine.
    I am unsure on how to change this however I am thinking that you may need to chance the Touch's mail to mark it as read on the server. Someone else will be of better assistance than me though.