Mail reduces all images to 320 pixels long edge when attached to a message

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vanda-uk, Sep 18, 2009.

1. vanda-uk macrumors newbie

In Mac Mail, any images attached to a message are reduced to 320 pixels on the long edge, this happens with all image file formats pixels including .jpg, .png and .tif etc. regardless of original resolution if larger than 320 pixels, it even happens when I simply forward a message that someone has sent containing hi res images.

The only way I can see to get round this problem is to put the images in a folder and attach this to the email.

The system is MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.8, Mail version 3.6 used as an exchange client, it also happens on 10.5.5/Mail 3.5

If anyone could shed some light as to why this is happening and / or could give a solution to the problem I would be most grateful.

Thank you!

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

When you've got the compose window open, make sure you don't have the Image Size drop down menu (bottom right) set to small.

3. vanda-uk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the speedy reply! I found it and was just logging in to amend / delete thread but couldn't find how to delete it. A case of can't see the wood forthe trees!