mail rejecting icloud password

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SMargaret, Feb 16, 2012.

1. SMargaret macrumors newbie

Mail keeps popping up with an error message saying my icloud password is not recognised / rejected.

I am entering the right password but the message just keeps popping up.

Any ideas of how to stop this and get my icloud working on mail again?

Thanks

2. Hai1242 macrumors member

3. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

happens once a week or so for me on all my email accounts. A restart usually clears it. If not, go into mail prefs and add your passwords back in manually then quit and restart mail

4. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the same problem for my @me iCloud email account in Mail on my iMac. Every day it pops up and asks for a password.
    I do not have this problem with any other mail accounts. And I do not have this problem with the @me account running on my iPhone 4s.
    I also have a problem that the @me email account did not show a new message indicator.
    I gave up and removed the @me account.

5. lamborghinipro macrumors newbie

try adding "@me.com" to the end of your username in the iCloud account settings inside mail preferences. worked for me now, we'll see if the problem if fixed for good

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Are all of you using the NEW password format requirements. Before with MM you could use all lower case letters but the new format requires you use at least 1 uppercase and some numeric (forgot exactly). When I first converted it seemed to work ok but at some point I switched to the new format.

7. lamborghinipro macrumors newbie

i tried that and it didn't fix it. but good thought

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Sometimes I'm using my phone and not doing anything related to iCloud and one of those stupid password prompts pops up.

This is bad design. The system should only ask for the login when you actually set up iCloud on the phone initially, and not ask again unless you reset the password.

What's funny is I always hit cancel yet my phone and iCloud continue to work fine. So I don't even know why it's prompting.