Mail Rejects Password

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 2A Batterie, May 4, 2008.

1. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I am attempting to set mail up on my new MacBook and it won't except my proper password to my email account. Why does this happen constantly? It's not even the issue of mail constantly asking for a password as it is notorious for, but it won't even accept the proper password. What do I do?

2. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Is this just a dumb question or am I doing something totally wrong?

3. pinoy10 macrumors member

man....i have the same problem..im trying to set my yahoo account up but it wont work...it wont accept the password for my email and it says something about POP..it keeps rejecting my passsword what do i do

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can't access yahoo's mail service from an external client (apple's mail program, for instance) unless you upgrade to yahoo plus mail which allows for pop access.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Neither. I have this problem with .Mac mail sometimes. The cause isn't on your end - just wait a while, and try again later, and it will usually work, assuming you have the account set up properly.

6. Bentley1 macrumors newbie

Mac Mail will not connect to mail system - password fails

I have this same problem with a standard POP mail server. The strange part is I have one set up on the same server different mail account and it works fine. I have deleted the account multiple times and it still does not see the POP password. Any ideas I have been attempting this for weeks now. :confused: